Monday, July 22, 2013

Life of an Arsenal Fan...





It is really becoming difficult day-by-day during this transfer window to tell others that I am a big Arsenal Fan. When my Friends with whom I play football during weekends starts talking about the transfers that their clubs made so far, I am not able to tell anything from my end.Everyday I hope that Arsenal will announce signing of a big player so that I can defend myself in the coming weekend from my friends. Do we really have the proclaimed $70m transfer kitty?

Signing for the future

The only official signing of Arsenal so far this season is again an Youngster from France "Yaya Sanogo". He is a regular striker for France at U-21 level which won the recently concluded World Cup. I have seen some of the matches which France played in that tournament and to be frank he is a signing for the future. He is tall,technically sound,good first touch and good finishing skills as well. Is he the one Arsenal needs now? NO. We need a established international striker who can adapt to the premier league quickly.


Search is still on...

The first thing which i search daily in Google after reaching office is "arsenal transfer". It really amazes me to find out that Arsenal has been linked with almost every top player since the last day of the 2012/13 premier league but so far nothing happened. 

It is a well known fact Arsenal need a proven striker to help Giroud,Podolski and Walcott , a CDM and a CB. Arsenal have been linked with Strikers like David Villa,Jovetic, Higuain,Rooney and the latest addition to that list is Suarez. We really dont need David Villa becoz of his age and Jovetic is not a prolific striker as well. Thank GOD,they joined Athletic Madrid and Man City. When Arsenal was linked with Higuain, I felt that he can be a great signing for Arsenal but that deal is also hanging in the air and suddenly we are heavily linked the most talented and controversial striker Suarez. Apart from the strikers, we were also linked with Fellani,Ashley Williams, Bernard, Gustavo and the list goes on....................



Mr.Wenger,Please sign someone!!!


If Arsenal have not announced that they have $70m to spend, then I would not have expected a big signing this summer.
I can understand the difficulties in signing a quality player but it is time for Arsenal to take risk by spending on players who are really needed to win trophies.

My sincere request to Mr.Wenger, Please sign a quality player before this Friday so that I can tell my friends that "We have Signed XXXXX....."




No comments:

Post a Comment